The Urban Farming™ mission is to create an abundance of food for people in need by supporting and encouraging the establishment of gardens on unused land and space while increasing diversity, raising awareness for health and wellness, and inspiring and educating youth, adults and seniors to create an economically sustainable system to uplift communities around the globe.
OUR VISION AND WORK:
- Our Global Vision and Campaign has become a Movement to Create an Abundance of Food for All in Our Generation™ through the “Urban Farming 100 Million Families and Friends Global Campaign™". The intention of this campaign is to affect a paradigm shift in in the way that our world approaches food security and financial security. Urban Farming™ is a holistic global vision that sees a future in which good health, innovation and productivity are an inherent part of our lifestyle.
- The "Urban Farming 100 Million Families and Friends Global Campaign™" is a campaign to encourage 100 Million people to plant and register their gardens as a part of the "Urban Farming Global Food Chain®". This campaign empowers people who are unemployed, underemployed, laid off, malnourished, have unhealthy diets, suffer from hunger or food insecurity. You may register your garden here. All of the gardens from the Triscuit / Urban Farming™ “Home Farming Movement” are a part of the Urban Farming Global Food Chain®!
- Urban Farming™ connects people to opportunity so that they may move from stagnant, difficult conditions to vibrant, healthy and productive lifestyles. This transformation can enable people to be victorious in the global markets. This includes connecting people to information, training and educational opportunities.
- We believe in empowering people and transforming lives. Urban Farming™ serves as a hub and a network to connect people with non-profit, private and public entities. Developing win-win partnerships with community residents, non-profits, governmental agencies, local businesses and international corporations, is the foundation of the Urban Farming™ Business Model. We know that this approach, coupled with our Urban Farming Coexistence Model™ is critical to the success of our vision to "Create An Abundance of Food for All in Our Generation.™
- We help move people beyond the cycle of continual need for emergency food assistance, so that they may become employed or self-employed, productive and innovative citizens. We provide in essence, the fish and the fishing pole. One way that Urban Farming™ actively achieves this goal is by educating communities in need about growing their own food and about the global economy and emerging industries and how these issues affect their daily lives.
- We are a first point of contact with the community and we achieve our goals through the following key activities: Urban Farming™ addresses the need for emergency food relief by supporting existing Urban Farming Community Gardens™ of free food for the community and encouraging people to grow their own food at home.
- Urban Farming™ features online, interactive educational forums that raise awareness about: the emerging industries, green businesses, green collar job training opportunities and job placement opportunities. The forum also features gardening tips and healthy recipes, as well as information on Healthy Eating, Healthy Thinking, Healthy Fitness and Healthy Finances. Visit our Community Forum today!
- We host "Urban Farming Free Plant Giveaways™" to encourage people to grow their own food, cut down on their monthly bills.
- A critical component of our mission is the Urban Farming Coexistence Model™ which raises awareness about the following areas of coexistence:
For more information on our educational workshops and the coexistence model, click here.
- Business Growth
- Job Creation
- Urban Redevelopment
- Urban Agriculture
- Health and Wellness
- Global Investment